Ever lusted over Gabbi Garcia’s long, silky locks and wished you could borrow her hairstylist for 5 minutes? Well, luckily for you, Gabbi’s hair guru, Mark Anthony Rosales, spared us some time to share a few tips to getting that perfectly blown out ‘do.
From his go-to dry shampoo to the curling iron that works best, Mark spills the beans on achieving a luscious mane just like Gabbi’s.
1. When it comes to haircare, we all know that washing your hair daily has its negative effects. Mark stands by this and shares, “Too much washing will strip the natural oils from your hair, causing it to dry. Gabbi’s secret is to use TiGi Bed Head Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo which perfectly absorbs excess oils and dirt and adds volume.”
2. On the days that you do wash your hair, Mark suggests avoiding any shampoo with sulfate. “Sulfate has a strong potential to be irritant to your hair, skin, and even your eyes. I recommend Gabbi to use organic shampoo such as Davines‘ range of sulfate and paraben-free products.”
3. Brushing your long locks should also be done properly. Mark instructs, “Avoid brushing your hair from the roots down to the ends to prevent the ends from splitting. Instead, start from the middle of the hair to the ends, and gradually work your way up to the roots. Acca Kappa has fabulous brushes that I personally use for my clients.”
4. Styling-wise, Gabbi is fond of curling her naturally straight hair. According to Mark the first step is to protect her hair from the heat of styling tools. “Make sure to use a heat protectant spray such as TREsemme’s Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray which guards against heat and friction.”
5. Before curling your hair, it’s important to let it dry completely. “I blowdry Gabbi’s hair using an Acca Kappa roller brush to keep it naturally shiny and smooth.”
6. It’s also crucial to find the right type of iron. Mark uses the Wander Curling Rod Set from @candyblushhair. “It comes with 5 different wand sizes to get any specific look that you want. The curls surely last longer when I use this tool.”
7. Another magic product that Mark swears by is TiGi’s Bed Head Foxy Curls Extreme Curl Mousse to achieve that bombshell look. “It makes Gabbi’s curls look defined yet natural and helps reduce frizz.”
8. We adore how Gabbi’s hair looks so silky on her selfies. When asked what he does as a final touch, Mark reveals, “Gabbi’s hair has a natural shine that’s perfect for a shampoo commercial. I only use got2b hairspray by Schwarzkopf for long-lasting hold.”
9. Lastly, to maintain your gorgeous curls throughout the day, Mark recommends keeping Moroccan Argan oil in your bag. “It can be an on-the-go treatment which repairs any damage from styling.”
Photos via @markanthonyrosales